On a frigid night nothing seems more enticing than sitting next to the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa, falling asleep to the crackling as it dies down. We've got the fireplace, but the fire? Not so much. A previous owner broke down the chimney in attic - lighting a fire would make our house smokier than a Louisiana bar. Not only does it lack a chimney, but it's also an original coal burning fireplace. While this could have some advantages (longer burning time & more cost effective) it's also a hazard when burned because it releases carbon monoxide.
So instead of risking our health we'll just have to get creative with the space. Maybe some homemade logs, a plethora of candles or even some books to fill the space?
At 765 Nest In Progress, we believe in giving credit where credit is due, so if you see anything that is incorrectly recognized, please let us know! Similarly, all photographs and layouts are created for 765 Nest In Progress (unless otherwise noted) and should be credited appropriately if reposting. Thanks for sharing!